The written quiz went fine. Sensei gave us the hint to study the words he gave us on Monday. So I did that and knew them all, I think. No Kanji yet again. Another stressful study time wasted, but not really. Now I can recognize the two Kanji for '"today" pretty consistently.
Actually gave sensei a word for the board last night. We had gotten the final row of Katakana, the 'r's and 'wa' and I piped up and said I had translated a word from a manga just that morning which would work as an example: merîgôrando. He liked it and used it.
The oral test is going to drop my 'grade' a lot. If I get a "D" I will be doing well. I can answer questions if the oral sentences he gives are no longer than five to six words long. Any longer and my brain scrambles it all up into mush. Maybe if I was younger my brain would be more elastic. Going to the Language Lab tonight to suffer for hours over the oral review. I just haven't found the 'regurgitation' mode for longer sentences yet. And I still haven't gotten the who, what, where words completely straight yet. I will definitely not be around in cyberspace this weekend because I will be cramming all this into my pea brain. Time to make more flashcards and continue building that database of words.
Thanks: --> to Lia, my sensei, who has inspired me to draw again. I
wouldn't be doing this without your support, Domo Arigato!
--> to Talon, for sending me her fabulous fics, inspiring me with her writing to draw my first
illustration for a story and actually liking what I drew.
--> to Dasia, for her words of encouragement when drawing her original chara.
--> to Joules, a wonderful epic fic writer, for liking my art enough to want to post them with Talon's
and her own stories.
--> to Lutra, the other half of the epic team, for being so supportive.
--> to Jacque' & Becca Raddittzu, we met on eBay as bidder and sellers and now we are face-to-face
friends. You showed us the real DBZ with your fansubs. It's all your fault the house is full of
doujinshi! *LOL*